Warmed Porcini with Roasted Garlic on Softened Brie November 24 2014, 0 Comments
Hello West Coast Wild Foods Fans,
The past two weeks at Vancouver Christmas Market has been amazing! We are so happy that many customers from the past 2 years have visited us again this year. We hope to see you all at the Vancouver Christmas Market! Every year, we receive so many compliments on our signature sample – Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup with Wild Rice. This cream of mushroom soup features 8 varieties of wild mushrooms all hand harvested in BC as well as Canadian Wild Rice from Manitoba. We will be serving this Cream of Wild Mushroom Soup with Wild Rice daily at the Vancouver Christmas Market. You will also be able to have a taste of our new Mountain Huckleberry Syrup and Wild Blackberry Syrup!
This week we would like to feature another mouth-watering recipe with WCWF porcini by Chef Mo, this is an excellent option as an appetizer for Christmas dinners and Cocktail parties.
Warmed Porcini with Roasted Garlic on Softened Brie
20g WCWF Porcini 4 unpeeled garlic gloves 3 tbls Olive oil 2 shallots, finely chopped 3 springs of thyme ½ cup Red Wine 1 ounce of Brandy Salt & Pepper to taste
- Rehydrate 20g WCWF Porcini Mushrooms in a bowl of warm water, set aside
- Preheat Oven to 300 Degrees
- Place unpeeled garlic cloves in olive oil to roast at medium temperature to prevent burning in a sauce pan. Remove pan from heat when gloves have softened.
- Add shallots and thyme into oil and cook until translucent. Midway through, strain mushrooms and adds water to shallots
- Squeeze softened garlic out of skins and add to shallots. Cook down halfway then add red wine. Remove thyme sprigs. Chop porcini mushrooms and add to shallots
- Cook down until almost all liquid is absorbed
- Season with Salt and Pepper, to finish add Brandy
- Place brie cheese in baking dish and score the surface
- Top with mushroom mixture and place in oven for 10 minutes to soften cheese