Porcini Nettle Pesto Recipe April 05 2014, 0 Comments
Here is our beautiful porcini nettle pesto recipe that we are sampling at The West Coast Wild Foods Store at Lonsdale Quay Market.
20 g West Coast Wild Dried Porcini
100 g fresh nettles
1 cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
15-20 basil leaves
4-6 garlic cloves
1-2 tsp salt
1) Place the porcini in a bowl of water and rehydrate for 10-15 minutes.
2) Add 2 tbsp of olive oil into a pan, warm to medium. Add 2 cloves crushed garlic, warm for 1-2 minutes. Drain the porcini and add to the pan, with 1/2 tsp of salt. Sautee and stir occasionally for 10 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil. Using tongs, place fresh nettle into the pot and blanch for 1-2 minutes to release the sting. Use the tongs to remove the nettle and add to food processor. (*Note, you can drink the water from boiling the nettles for a potent liver-cleansing tea!)
4) Add the rest of the listed ingredients and pulse in a food processor until the desired consistency is reached.
5) Serve on a fresh baguette, crackers, pasta or whatever you wish!
Thank you Carla Arduin-Budd for creating this incredible recipe!